Arthur Murray Process
- You will start with a 30 min private sample lesson.
- Your first program will be an introductory course. Here you will learn the basics to several different popular dances to see which ones you like and can learn the quickest and easiest.
- Your instructor will explain the Medal Standards that are taught and will plan a personalized dance program to fulfill your specific needs and desires.
- The majority of students who come to an Arthur Murray Dance Centers are interested in becoming good social dancers and our medalist programs will help you achieve that goal.
- The Medalist Standards are Bronze, Silver, Gold and Gold Bar
- The degree of dancing you will achieve varies depending on your desire, goals, commitment and interest.
- Arthur Murray Dance Centers can train you in the latest technique, steps and styles. Indeed, we boast some of the top competitive couples in the world today.
- Our instructors are carefully selected and thoroughly trained in the exclusive Arthur Murray teaching method, this assures you the finest instruction in dancing.
- You will have a regular dance teacher who will be responsible for your progress. Periodically, you will have exchange lessons with other teachers which will give you experience and practice in adapting to a variety of dance partners and dance styles.
- You will have a buddy teacher that shares the responsibility of reaching your goals.
- During your one on one private lesson, you will receive personalized instruction that will help you achieve your goals in dancing.
- Your instructor will spend the time necessary on technique, styling and general dance improvement.
- An up-to-date record of everything you have learned will also kept as part of your instruction.
- Group lessons give you the opportunity to dance with a variety of partners, develop good habits and meet other students in the studio.
- Your teacher will provide you a schedule of when the group classes occur. There are different level groups throughout the day.
- They do not need to be reserved in advance. This gives you flexibility in your scheduling. You may show up as your schedule permits.
- In Group Lessons we emphasize technique, style and variation of patterns.
- You may be taught materials that your regular instructor hasn’t introduced to you yet, and materials that have been reviewed will be practiced for improvement.
- We hold scheduled parties(practice sessions) for all our students.
- These practice parties are held twice a week.
- You will have fun dancing with the instructors and students in a relaxed and comfortable environment.
- This gives you the opportunity to practice and try out all the new dance skills that you’ve learned in your private and group lessons.
- An Arthur Murray Medal Ball is a gala dance event honoring students who “graduate” from one level of their dance program to the next.
- Medals Balls also afford students the opportunity to enjoy their dancing in a fun and elegant setting.
- A showcase is a one-day event where students present dance routines with personalized choreography.
- These routines make an excited addition to your Medalist Program because they allow you to develop showmanship and musical expression along with your social dance skills.
- A Dance-O-Rama(or Dance Sport Competition is an exciting two or three day event that brings students together from many Arthur Murray studios to compete, at their level, in dances of their choices.
- This requires specialized dance training to polish and perfect chorography, technique and style.
In less than two months we stepped into Arthur Murray’s Dance Studio. Who would have thought that I would be doing the cha cha cha in Burlington Mass at the Marriott Ballroom, I have never performed in front of so many people, actually never performed at all. We really want to Thank Ephraim for choreographing and instructing the Dance, Victoria, Amanda and Rodrigo on technique and instructing my daughter and I. You are all truly Professional, Passionate and Knowledgeable. Also, your class management is very productive and you keep us involved in learning and having fun every time we have a lesson again “Thank you “ Cannot wait for the next lesson.
Also Thank-you to my husband too.�Kristy Dollarhide
Love it! Learning Ballroom dancing! Great instructors! They know how to dance and teach and do so with enthusiasm! It is well worth the price. Efraim (my instructor) you are the best!Victoria True
Wife and I are having a great time learning ballroom dance. The instructors are all great and make it fun.Ed Kotkowski
I never thought in just three months I would be able to hold my own on the dance floor. The instructors are great teachers, patient and not demanding. A 45 minute lesson feels like 5 minutes. I would recommend this studio to everyone, young and not so young!Ellen P. Dozet
We were so nervous going in for our first lesson. The professional staff put us at ease right away. They made it fun and easy, even my boyfriend had fun. We always look forward to our lessons and we are really glad we became a part of this studio!Linda Parente
Love this place! Amanda and Efraim are so nice and give great lessons! We have learned so much and are really enjoying ourselves!Dale Moulton